Sunday, July 22, 2012

Chocolate Cake with Raspberries

Evelyn invited me to her place yesterday. She cooked Indian curry. To me, Evelyn's curry is the world's best curry - true comfort food. I, in return, offered to bring a cake to complement the curry. We spent a wonderful evening. At some point, we sat on her sofa, listened to a comedy CD and laughed so hard that we had trouble drinking our coffee and eating the cake! Thank you, Evelyn, for a lovely evening and remember: "If I could choose, I would take the one with the shoes." ;-)




Recipe
(Original in German: here)

200g dark chocolate
100g butter
4 eggs
5 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons flour
200g raspberries
(2 tablespoons Kirsch, optional)

Preheat the oven to 160°C, line a 26cm diameter springform pan with parchment paper and grease the rim with butter.

Break the chocolate into pieces and put into a small saucepan together with the Kirsch and the butter. Melt over low heat. Let cool slightly.

In a bowl, beat the eggs together with the sugar for about 5 minutes until you got a pale and thick batter. Add the melted chocolate. Then, add the flour. Pour your batter into the prepared springform pan and smooth down with a ladle. Spread the raspberries on your batter (they can sink down during the baking).

Bake for about 35 minutes. This cake gets better after letting it cool down thoroughly and chilling it in the fridge for a bit. The texture will be wonderfully smooth.

(I halved the recipe above and made a small cake of 18cm diameter)


1 comment:

  1. Hey, lovely lady. I just remembered: I made this a few months ago! When it was in the oven, I realized I hadn't used the butter that is in the list, but not the instructions. It figured I had made a diet version, and it tasted wonderful even without the butter. Just thought I'd tell you. I've tried a few recipes, and they were all great. But mostly I just like to look at the pictures... Hope, you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails