Thursday, September 23, 2010

Baked Figs with Parma Ham

I actually can't remember the last time I've made dessert! Wait, I think it was for my Italy-inspired dinner and unfortunately, I don't even have good pictures of my first ever ricotta tart... I really haven't made a cake since then. That's definitely too long! But I plan to bake a cake this weekend so stay tuned ;-)

For now, I have another antipasto for you.


Recipe:
(adapted from: Annemarie Wildeisen's Kochen)

6 figs
0.5 tablespoon liquid honey
1.5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
6 thin slices of parma ham
salt
pepper
parmesan cheese (optional)

Preheat the oven to about 150°C.

Wash the figs carefully and then cut in crosswise. Mix honey and balsamic vinegar. Wrap each fig with a slice of parma ham and place onto a baking tray. Drizzle the honey-vinegar mix over the figs and season with salt and pepper. Bake the figs in the oven for about 10 minutes. Place onto a plate and decorate with slices of parmesan cheese if you like.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Katrin!

    Thanks for commenting on my last post!

    Yeah, yogurt ice cream is absolutely the best :)!

    Bacio!

    Giorgia - GvN

    www.gvn-styleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails