Thursday, July 22, 2010

Chocolate Sour Cream Cake

You know by now that I have a craving for all sorts of cream. When I discovered that there are chocolate cakes with sour cream in them, I did not hesitate too long and tried to bake one myself.

Moist, yet tender... this is how the texture of this cake is probably best described. I mean, I like these dense and chewy chocolate cakes as well but this way, it's still got a chocolaty taste without the heavyness. This cake immediately made it to the hitlist of my favourite chocolate cakes ever.


Recipe (adapted from Nigella Lawson's "How to be a Domestic Goddess"):

200g flour
200g sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
200g soft butter
40g cocoa powder
150ml sour cream
2 large eggs
1 sachet of vanilla sugar

Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 30cm cake tin with parchment paper.

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Add the butter and mix with an electric mixer. In a big jug, mix sour cream, cocoa, vanilla sugar and eggs and slowly add this mixture to the ingredients in the bowl.

Pour the batter into your prepared tin and bake for about 40-45 minutes. Check if it is done with a wooden skewer. If it comes out clean, it's ok.

Originally, this cake comes with a sour cream chocolate icing. I didn't have time for that so I left it out. Next time however, I definitely want to make that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails